How to Root a Cell Phone or Mobile, 100% Control of your Android
How to root a cell phone or mobile phone? You may have read or heard that doing root Android is a good option. But first…
What is Root?
Root refers to a process for obtaining root access. In other words, administrative (superuser) permissions to an Android device so that it can remove the limitations that vendors and hardware manufacturers put on the device. In addition to having the ability to perform operations that are not allowed to normal users such as removing applications or system configurations and running specialized applications.
Why Root a Cell Phone?
Why do so many users want to root Android? Because only by rooting do they have the privilege of doing things that are inaccessible to normal users, such as removing embedded applications that are barely used, installing applications blocked by operators, changing the keyboard, themes, or other settings, adding features such as widgets in the notification bar, speeding up the device, improving battery life, and much more. If you need the above features to suit your custom needs, you may want to root Android.
It is worth mentioning that there are a number of users who are rooting their Android phones to flash a custom ROM. Although root android is not necessary for flashing. But in some cases, when the bootloader is unlocked during the flash, root access is needed.
How to Root a Cell Phone?
Here are detailed instructions on how to root a cell phone. In this way you will get total control of your phone achieving the privileges of superuser.
Warning: This procedure will void your phone’s warranty. Root your device after the warranty expires. It is also recommended that you back up your smartphone before following these steps in case any problems occur during rooting.
Done the above you must get the tools to make root android.
- If you have flashed your phone before you already know the importance of ODIN. This software allows the installation of ROMs and firmwares is also vital in the process of how to root a cell phone. If you still don’t have it download the version that says “Latest updated version” in Odin’s Official Site.
- Now you must download the Custom Recovery TWRP. All Android systems have a default recovery. The TWRP replaces this recovery to give more advanced features to this important utility. It is always accessed when the phone is in trouble. TWRP will be required when installing Magisk. Download the TWRP corresponding to the model of your device from its Official Site. Click on the brand of your device, then on the corresponding model, go to the “Download Links” section and download the first option that ends in .tar as indicated in the image.
- Finally, thanks to the developers of XDA the largest Android community in the world, you should download Magisk. This small and almost universal successor application of SuperSU will be in charge of making root android. Download its latest version in the part that says: Downloads – Latest Stable from its Official Thread in XDA.And don’t forget to save that forum in your bookmarks. XDA besides being valuable in providing information on how to root a cell phone offers many interesting tricks to customize your Android.
How to Root a Cell Phone: Preparing the Mobile Device
- Make sure you have the samsung drivers installed on your computer. Without them Odin will not be able to detect your cell phone when you connect it. If you don’t have them installed you can download them from the following link Download Samsung Drivers for PC. With that in mind, connect your smartphone to the PC. Copy and paste the Magisk file you downloaded into the device’s internal memory. You can save it in the Download folder of your mobile phone. Then disconnect your Smartphone from your PC.
- Now turn off your phone and restart it in DOWNLOADING / ODIN mode. To restart your smartphone in this mode you must press the following combination of buttons on your device. HOME BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON.
Pressing that combination of buttons will result in a Warning message. It will warn you that the process you are going to perform may affect the operation of your cell phone. Simply press the UP VOLUME button and you will be in DOWNLOADING / ODIN mode.
If the button combination above does not work for you, your phone may be able to enter that mode with one of these alternative options.
DOWN VOLUME + UP VOLUME then USB cable.
POWER BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP.
Note9: USB CABLE + DOWN VOLUME + BIXBY.
- So you already have the Odin and TWRP files on your computer. Extract ODIN and click on the respective application. Then connect your mobile device turned on in Downloading mode to the USB port of your PC. In Odin you should see ADDED!! in the highlighted section of the following image. If this is not the case, it means that you do not have the samsung drivers installed on your PC. This way, you won’t be able to root android.
- Click on AP and then select the TWRP file you downloaded. Then in the Options tab uncheck the Auto Reboot box. Go back to the Log tab and end up clicking START.
- In the Log tab you will see how the Custom Recovery installation process is being carried out. As in the ID:COM section. At the end of the successful process you will see how it appears in green PASS. Also in the Log tab the message “All threads Complete”. Now in the Odin click on EXIT. Disconnect your cell phone from the USB cable and turn it off. If it is not turned off normally by pressing the corresponding button then uncover it, remove the battery from the device and wait about 15 seconds.
- Turn your device back on but now in Recovery Mode. To do this you must press the following button combo. HOME BUTTON + UP VOLUME + ON BUTTON. Keep those buttons pressed until you see the TWRP logo appear and the phone automatically restarts. Do not release the buttons. You will see a small yellow recovery message at the top left when you restart the device. Then release the buttons and you will be welcomed by TWRP. Slide the “Swipe to allow Modifications” button and you will find this.
How to Root a Cell Phone: Final Instructions
- Go to INSTALL. Then look for the Download folder where you saved the Magisk previously. Select the Magisk. And slide where it says “Swipe to confirm Flash”.
- You will see the Magisk installation process. At the end, touch Reboot. If you get the following message telling you that you are not a root user and that you should install SuperSU, ignore it. In some versions of TWRP appears this message to install SuperSU when it has already been discontinued by Magisk. Ignore it by touching “Do Not Install”.
To finish you must confirm that the Magisk Manager application has been installed. If not, you can download it from Google Play. With this application you will be able to manage your applications with root access and it will allow you to update the Magisk when necessary. Also to confirm that you are already a root user you can use the Root Checker also available in Google Play.
So your phone has been rooted. You have superuser access. Your device is now open to change any settings you want and install applications you couldn’t before. You can customize your cell phone to your liking and take advantage of specialized applications for root users. You can also optimize your smartphone to make it faster and more durable.
If you have any questions or problems during the tutorial, don’t hesitate to ask below in the comments section. If you found this article helpful, share it on your social networks and friends.